This Peppermint Frozen Hot Chocolate is a frosty concoction that marries the rich warmth of hot chocolate with the invigorating coolness of peppermint. In this journey through the world of frozen delights, we’ll explore the nuances of frozen hot chocolate, learn the art of infusing vodka with peppermint, and discover how to transform this spirited treat into a non-alcoholic mocktail.
This indulgent beverage is perfect for the cozy holiday season.
Disclaimer: This blog may contain affiliate links, which means that I may earn a commission if you click on a link and make a purchase.
What is Frozen Hot Chocolate?
A paradox in its name, frozen hot chocolate is the delightful offspring of a classic winter beverage transformed into a chilled, refreshing treat. This ingenious creation combines the velvety smoothness of hot chocolate with the icy thrill of a frozen drink. The result? A luxurious sip that brings comfort and coolness in equal measure—a perfect indulgence for those who appreciate the juxtaposition of warmth and frost.
How to Make Peppermint Infused Vodka:
While you can find peppermint vodka in stores you can also make your own very easily. Plus you can save it for other drinks as well. Elevate your Peppermint Frozen Hot Chocolate with a hint of peppermint-infused vodka. Follow these simple steps to add a spirited twist to your winter concoction:
- 1 cup vodka
- 1/4 cup peppermint candies
- Combine vodka and peppermint candies in a sealed jar or bottle.
- Allow the mixture to infuse for at least 24 hours, or until the vodka takes on the refreshing essence of peppermint.
- Strain the vodka to remove any residual candy particles, leaving you with a beautifully infused peppermint vodka ready for your frozen creation.
How to Make It a Mocktail:
For those seeking a non-alcoholic alternative, transforming the Peppermint Frozen Hot Chocolate into a mocktail is a breeze. Simply substitute the peppermint-infused vodka with a peppermint syrup or infuse a non-alcoholic spirit with peppermint for a delightful twist on the original.
How to Make Peppermint Syrup:
- 1 cup water
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 1/2 cup fresh peppermint leaves, roughly chopped
- Combine water and sugar in a saucepan over medium heat, stirring until the sugar dissolves.
- Add the chopped peppermint leaves to the mixture.
- Allow the syrup to simmer for 10-15 minutes, letting the peppermint infuse its invigorating flavor.
- Remove from heat and let it cool.
- Strain out the peppermint leaves, leaving you with a fragrant peppermint syrup.
Elevate your Peppermint Frozen Hot Chocolate with a creative array of toppings. Experiment with different whipped creams, try making your own fresh whipped cream for a luxurious touch. Dive into a world of textures with mini marshmallows, drizzle chocolate sauce for added decadence, and sprinkle crushed candy canes to infuse a festive spirit into every sip.
Peppermint Frozen Hot Chocolate
- 1.5 oz peppermint vodka or peppermint syrup for a mocktail
- 4 oz milk
- 2-4 tablespoons of hot chocolate mix
- In a blender, combine peppermint vodka (or peppermint syrup for a mocktail), milk, hot chocolate mix, and ice.
- Blend until smooth and creamy, ensuring the ice is fully incorporated for a frosty consistency.
- Pour the Peppermint Frozen Hot Chocolate into a chilled glass.