When it comes to crafting enchanting cocktails that captivate the senses, the Witch’s Brew Tea and Mezcal Cocktail stands out as a truly spellbinding concoction.
This mesmerizing libation combines the smoky allure of mezcal with the vibrant hues of butterfly pea tea, a splash of citrusy lime juice, the complexity of bitters, and a fizzy finish from ginger beer. In this blog post, we’ll delve into the depths of this mystical drink, exploring its unique ingredients and providing a step-by-step guide on how to brew your very own Witch’s Brew Tea and Mezcal Cocktail.
Disclaimer:This blog may contain affiliate links, which means that I may earn a commission if you click on a link and make a purchase.
What is Butterfly Pea Tea?
Butterfly pea tea, derived from the Clitoria ternatea flower, is a captivating herbal tea known for its stunning blue hue. To create this enchanting elixir, steep dried butterfly pea flowers in hot water, and watch as the vibrant blue color is released.
Not only is it visually striking, but it’s also believed to have various health benefits, such as reducing stress and improving skin health. Some even say it has magical properties!
How to Make Butterfly Pea Tea:
Place dried butterfly pea flowers in a teapot or heatproof container.
Pour the boiling water over the flowers.
Allow the tea to steep for 5-10 minutes, or until you achieve the desired hue.
Strain the tea into a separate container.
Aside from using butterfly pea tea as a base for cocktails, you can get creative with it. Consider making a butterfly pea tea syrup or infusion to add a unique twist to your beverages. Simply reduce the tea down with equal parts sugar to create a flavorful syrup, or infuse it with your favorite herbs and spices for an aromatic infusion.
What Are Bitters?
Bitters are concentrated flavor extracts made from a variety of botanical ingredients, including herbs, roots, and fruits. They are an essential component of many classic cocktails, adding complexity, depth, and balance to the flavor profile. Bitters come in various flavors, with aromatic and citrus bitters being popular choices.
In our Witch’s Brew Tea and Mezcal Cocktail, we’ll incorporate a few dashes of bitters to enhance the overall taste experience. The bitters will complement the smoky mezcal and the earthy notes of the butterfly pea tea, creating a harmonious blend of flavors.
Ginger Beer vs. Ginger Ale
Ginger beer and ginger ale are often used interchangeably in cocktails, but they are not the same. Ginger beer is a spicier and more robust ginger-flavored carbonated beverage, while ginger ale is milder and sweeter. For our Witch’s Brew Tea and Mezcal Cocktail, we recommend using ginger beer to add a zesty kick and depth of flavor that compliments the other ingredients. One of my favorite ginger beers is from Q Mixers.
Now that we’ve explored the key elements of our bewitching cocktail, let’s dive into crafting this enchanting elixir step by step. Follow our recipe below to conjure up your very own Witch’s Brew Tea and Mezcal Cocktail, perfect for casting a spell of delight at your next gathering
Witch’s Brew Tea and Mezcal Cocktail
Magic Potion Wine Spritz
- 3 oz Sunny With a Chance of Flowers Sauvignon Blanc
- ¾ oz Butterfly Pea Flower Syrup
- ½ oz grapefruit juice
- 1 oz sparkling water
- Optional garish: grapefruit slice and fresh sage for an herbal aroma
- Fill a glass with ice cubes.
- Pour in 3 oz of Sunny With a Chance of Flowers Sauvignon Blanc.
- Add ¾ oz of Butterfly Pea Flower Syrup for that mesmerizing blue color.
- Squeeze in ½ oz of grapefruit juice for a touch of citrusy brightness.
- Top it all off with 1 oz of sparkling water to add a refreshing effervescence.
- Give it a gentle stir to combine the ingredients and let the magic unfold.
- Sip slowly, savor the enchantment, and transport yourself to a world where colors and flavors merge in a delightful dance. The Magic Potion Wine Spritz is not just a cocktail; it’s a sensory experience that will leave you spellbound. Cheers to the art of mixology and the beauty of Butterfly Pea Flower!